This could be the winning combo for 2017... great aerodynamic advantages for a BT-70 payload and BT-60 main body! Must use Cesaroni Pro24 or Pro29 to get the full effect!
Flight experience is crucial! This year's UK rules are found HERE
Last year the winning UK Team placed 2nd against the US... way to go Abbeyfield!
Keen to get going on your 2017 UKAYRoC entry but haven't a clue where to start? Or your first design didn't work? We have a "starter set" that might help! It's not a "kit" but a collection of parts, some unique, that you will find valuable as you refine your entry!
For full details, click HERE
Model Rocket Shop has been sponsor, technology adviser and product supplier for numerous UKAYRoC entrants and WINNERS over the years, including last years winners.
2009's winner, Royal Liberty School, was supported and sponsored by Model Rocket Shop.
And those Royal Liberty School guys went on and did it again in 2013!
Model Rocket Shop also supported and sponsored the 2015 Essex regional champions from Shenfield School
Not bragging too much, we hope, the Model Rocket Shop guided and sponsored the UK Junior Space Modelling teams at European and World Championship events with design and fabrication assistance, supply of materials and financial support. Three past UK national, regional and international competitors are on our staff. WE KNOW FIRSTHAND ABOUT ROCKETRY COMPETITIONS AND HOW TO WIN ! ! !
This bundle is by no means a winner right out of the box but it will give you valuable experience needed to refine YOUR design and flying techniques. Flight experience and repeated testing are the keys to victory!
Included in this bundle are:
- 2--17.5 IN BT 70 Body Tubes
- 2--3 IN BT 70 Tube Couplers << NOT INCLUDED IN THIS SET - You might not need them anyway! >>
- 1--8 IN 29 mm Engine Mount Tube
- 2--18 IN BT 60 Body Tubes
- 1--3 IN BT 60 Tube Coupler
- 2--E to D Orange Engine Spacers
- 1--12 IN BT 50 Engine Mount Tube
- 2--1/8 x 4 x 12 IN Balsa sheets
- 4--1/8 x 3 x 6 IN Balsa sheets
- 2--E Engine Hooks
- 2--BT 50 Engine Blocks
- 2--Engine Hook Retainer Rings
- 1--29 mm Engine Block
- 2--1/4 x 1 IN Launch Lugs
- 2--Shock Cord Mounts
- 2--1/4 x 48 IN Shock Cords
- 2--18 inch un-assembled parachutes (builder will need to cut to size or add a spill hole)
- 16--Tape Discs 2--Shroud Line
- 1--Plastic BT 70 to BT 60 Egg Capsule
- 2--ESTES Decals
- 1--Laser Cut Centering Set includes:
- 24 & 29 mm BT 60, 24 & 29 mm BT 70 and 2 sets 24 mm BT 70
We can supply motors to suit all configurations from Estes, Cesaroni and AeroTech. In addition we have other components such as additional motor mounts, baffles, parachutes and other contest winning materials are available!
Historically, French fly-offs have not allowed clustered motors due to an unfortunate asymmetric thrust event. So if you are building a cluster entry, you MAY have to redesign to this configuration if you get lucky and win!
We stock Perfectlite Firefly altimeters and others that are approved for TARC or UKRoC. Supplies are limited so order early!
We highly recommend getting a copy of the Handbook of Model Rocketry... and READ it! For simulation software, we highly recommend SpaceCAD. If you are interested in a site license at a big discount, let us know how many seats you need.